The Aotearoa Womens Surfing Association (AWSA) is the recognised governing body for the sport of womens surfing within New Zealand run by volunteers passionate about the sport.
“The overall vision of the AWSA is to represent the interests of women surfers in New Zealand”
The AWSA is managed by a committee selected by the members; here are the main aims the management committee strive to achieve.
• To act as the focal point to manage and administer, in an effective manner, the sport of women’s surfing on a New Zealand-wide basis.
• To act as an advisory body on all matters appertaining to a practice of women’s surfing in New Zealand.
• To liaise and affiliate where appropriate with recognized international women’s surfing bodies.
• To communicate the views of the AWSA members to national and international authorities and to the public as and where required.
• To provide a focal point for members by holding an annual surf festival and other social events when and where agreed.
The benefits of AWSA active membership includes:
* Playing an active role in the future of the sport of women’s surfing in New Zealand
* Becoming part of the movement to improve the infrastructure for the next generation of female surfers in New Zealand
* Be invited to and be able to participate in AWSA events
* Discount at AWSA affiliated businesses
* The ability to attend AWSA meetings, speak, present motions and vote on motions at such meetings of the AWSA
* Eligibility for support and funding sourced to help develop diversified areas of the sport of women’s surfing within New Zealand
* Notifications and updates on the AWSA
2019 Aotearoa Women’s Surfing Association AGM Meeting
March 22nd // Raglan
Visit our downloads area for the AGM minutes.
2018 Wahine Surfing Hui October 28th & 29th // Ahipara Positive Evolution of Women’s Surf Culture in Aotearoa. Visit our downloads area for the Discussion Document.