The Aotearoa Womens Surfing Association's main aim is to increase participation for women and girls, encourage safe and fun spaces to enjoy the surf, and to support initiatives that are already in place and develop these further as our surfing community grows.
“The overall vision of the AWSA is to represent the interests of women surfers in New Zealand”
The AWSA is managed by a committee selected by the members; here are the main aims the management committee strive to achieve.
• To act as the focal point to manage and administer, in an effective manner, the sport of women’s surfing on a New Zealand-wide basis.
• To act as an advisory body on all matters appertaining to a practice of women’s surfing in New Zealand.
• To liaise and affiliate where appropriate with recognized international women’s surfing bodies.
• To communicate the views of the AWSA members to national and international authorities and to the public as and where required.
• To provide a focal point for members by holding an annual surf festival and other social events when and where agreed.
BECOME A MEMBER
© AWSA 2020