The Aotearoa Womens Surfing Association (AWSA) is the recognised governing body for the sport of womens surfing within New Zealand run by volunteers passionate about the sport.
“The overall vision of the AWSA is to represent the interests of women surfers in New Zealand”
The AWSA is managed by a committee selected by the members; here are the main aims the management committee strive to achieve.
• To act as the focal point to manage and administer, in an effective manner, the sport of women’s surfing on a New Zealand-wide basis.
• To act as an advisory body on all matters appertaining to a practice of women’s surfing in New Zealand.
• To liaise and affiliate where appropriate with recognized international women’s surfing bodies.
• To communicate the views of the AWSA members to national and international authorities and to the public as and where required.
• To provide a focal point for members by holding an annual surf festival and other social events when and where agreed.
Aotearoa Women’s Surfing Association tee
The first to our range of merchandise is our AWSA tee. Printed on 100% combed organic cotton. A regular fit with a crew neck. This comfy mid weight tee is nice and light in summer and also works well as a layered piece in winter.
Become a member
2020 Event Calendar
7-8 Salty Sirens Women’s Surf Festival, Gisborne
13-14, WSL Pro Junior, Piha
15, Piha Pro – NZ Trials
16-22, Piha Pro
28-29, Rip Curl Pro pres by Corona, Raglan
AWSA AGM date to be announced
1-3, Backdoor Manu Bay Pro pres by Oceanbridge, Raglan
5-9, National Scholastic Championships, Kaikoura
24-25, Aoteraroa Maori Surfing Titles, Northland
TBC, Backdoor Pro pres by Billabong, Taranaki
© AWSA 2020